Reports to: Program Manager
Program: Fahari Ya Jamii Project – Nairobi County
(The position is contingent to availability of funding)
Opening Date: October 5, 2023. Closing Date: October 12, 2023.
The Partnership for a HIV Free Generation (HFG) is a local NGO working closely with local communities, implementing partners, Government of Kenya and public-private partners at county, and national level. The main mission of the organization is to inspire and empower Kenyan youth to live healthy and productive lives through evidence informed interventions and partnerships.
HFG has been sub-granted by USAID Fahari Ya Jamii Project to implement GBV interventions within 11 health facilities and PrEP interventions in 26 health facilities within Nairobi County. HFG seeks to recruit a Project Officer for the Fahari Ya Jamii Project.
The main role of Project Officer will be to take leadership in managing and ensuring the implementation of the GBV and PrEP interventions in Nairobi County.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
– The Project Officer will play the role of the local HFG representative, linking the project to facility level stakeholders including, local administration, security services, MoH, gender and youth among others;
– Working with GBV focal persons at the health facilities and Facility in charges, identify GBV and PrEP champions from among Community Health Volunteers;
– Oversee collection of information and documentation on various referral services;
– Facilitate SASA Advocates and PrEP champions to conduct outreaches at the community, and facility level;
– Lead the training of SASA advocates, Clinicians, PrEP champions and other key stakeholders;
– Present the Fahari Ya Jamii Monthly Narrative and Data Reports besides hosting periodic review meetings with SASA/LIVES advocates, Facility GBV focal persons, Facility In charges, PrEP champions and local community stakeholders;
– Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports or as needed by the project;
– Document and disseminate lessons learnt, challenges, successes and best practices;
– Represent the project in local stakeholder meetings and working groups;
– Ensure County and Sub-County engagement within Nairobi County;
– Manage and supervise project staff.
– A Degree in Social Sciences or any other related courses, community health, community development, Gender studies, Psychology, Guidance and Counseling, or equivalent;
– At least 1-year HIV & AIDS and GBV work experience.
– Possesses fundamental competencies and knowledge in HIV response and GBV;
– Excellent management abilities within a multi-disciplinary team, support, training and mentoring.
– Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results;
– Communication skills: Excellent written and oral presentation skills, able to write well and adapt report style to different target audience.
– Leadership: Able to maintain a broad perspective of project needs and priorities, and the results-based objectives and strategies being pursued;
– Interpersonal and Negotiation skills: proven ability to work successfully within a team of professionals (including from external partner organizations) and with members of the public; wide exposure to people from different cultures and sections of society;
– Computer literacy;
– Organizational skills: ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines, keep careful records;
– Ability to work within deadlines and attention to details.
How to apply
All interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter stating salary expectation to email@example.com by October 16, 2023
The resumes should not exceed three pages in length and should be in chronological order starting with the most recent experience. The resume should include a minimum of three current referees with their contact information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
HFG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit.
Disclaimer: Please take note that the Partnership for a HIV Free Generation (HFG) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Cell: 0732776764 or report to the nearest police.