Program: USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto DREAMS Project -Migori County
The Partnership for a HIV Free Generation (HFG) is a local NGO working closely with local communities, implementing partners, Government of Kenya and public-private partners at county, and national level. The main mission of the organization is to inspire and empower Kenyan youth to live healthy and productive lives through evidence informed interventions and partnerships.
HFG is implementing DREAMS under USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Project funded by USAID Kenya and East Africa, through PATH Kenya in Migori County. Nuru Ya Mtoto aims at increasing the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county managed health and social services for OVC and Adolescents Girls and Young Women so as to reduce new HIV infections and gender-based violence. The project is being implemented in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health and other host-country public and private partners, including the departments of children services, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), and public health facilities.
Title: Project Officer.
Reports: Responsible Program Manager.
The Project officer is responsible for implementation of the DREAMS and management of day-to-day operations of the project. Works closely with the Project staff, Key stakeholders, Government of Kenya especially the MOH and other stakeholders in the selected DREAMS Counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and support Ward Coordinators in enrolment of AGYW into the DREAMS program in line with the National DREAMS enrolment guidelines;
- Plan, coordinate and support provision of the DREAMS layered package of services segregated by age;
- Ensure all AGYW who are HIV positive are linked to care and treatment;
- Facilitate initiation and retention of AGYW PrEP to eligible AGYW in accordance with the national guidelines;
- Provide support in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes;
- Conduct relevant stakeholders’ meetings to disseminate project results.
Program and Finance Management.
- Collate and harmonize weekly and monthly work plan to facilitate execution of DREAMS activities;
- Facilitate and ensure timely liquidations of cash disbursements and cash equivalences;
- Provide leadership in the management of all the organizational resources allocated in the site;
- Plan, communicate and schedule leave for project staff in liaison with the human resource management office.
Monitoring and Documentation.
- Collate and prepare monthly progress reports, in close consultation with the MEAL Officer;
- Provide support in collation, analysis and utilization of data for decision making;
- Take lead in coordinating and implementation of continuous quality improvement and routine support supervision of all planned activities within the project. area, and ensure these activities are implemented to the highest degree of quality possible;
- Coordinate and supervise timely and accurate data collection and updating into the DREAMS data base. This includes data clean up and validation activities.
Communication, Organization Visibility and Capacity Building.
- Facilitate identification and engagement public private partnerships and stakeholders particularly relevant ministries in Migori County, NGOs, CSOs, private sector e.t.c.;
- Ensure documentation and sharing of program success stories;
- Participate in County/ Sub County /ward meetings and activities that are in line with the programs goals, working in liaison with your supervisor;
- Communicate the organizations strategic directions, vision, value and policies to site staff on an ongoing basis;
- Ensure that service providers have all round knowledge and skills to deliver the intervention by build their capacity through mentorship, on job training and delegation of tasks;
- Participate in any other duties as assigned;
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in social studies, community development, education or equivalent.
- Experience working with youth in a rural /urban community.
- At least 5-year experience working with CBOs, NGOs, Government Ministries and other partners.
- Experience in collecting field data, maintaining project records, and preparing reports.
- Experience working in Migori County in DREAMS/OVC programs is an added advantage.
How to apply
All interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter stating salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 9, 2021.
The resumes should not exceed three pages in length and should be in chronological order starting with the most recent experience. The resume should include a minimum of three current referees providing their names and contact information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
HFG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit.
Disclaimer: Please take note that the Partnership for a HIV Free Generation (HFG) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Cell: 0732776764 or report to the nearest police.